Re: High Res Planetary imaging with the AP1100

Daniel Borcard

Rouz,

These are truly amazing images indeed. Now, as per your filter sequence, you write:

From: Rouz
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 17:21:07 EDT

Roland,

Yes its 60s per filter, and that's RGB-RGB-RGB on loop for a few hours.

You have to use an ADC even with a mono camera.

You'll need autostakkert3 to pick the best 20 to 30% of the frames to stack each 60s batch  (about 600 frames each 60s).

And Winjupos to derotate and stack the already stacked 60s frames (complex).

Over the time I have modified this classic sequence " Mine are as follows: RGB-BGR-RGB-BGR and so on. Why?

Two reasons: first, for derotation an RGB-BGR sequence provides an RGB set with two images per filter, where the three monochrome images end up at approximately the same time. This avoids limb artifacts. And if something is bad in, say, the RGB run in this doublet, well, just take the following BGR-RGB group to get the same result.
The second reason is that it saves two filter changes per sequence. This is a plus for me since my filter whell is manual ;-)

All my compliments again!

Daniel

Daniel Borcard
Observatoire du Geai Bleu
Le ciel est assez grand pour que chacun y trouve sa place.