Re: High Res Planetary imaging with the AP1100

Rouz

Thank you all, for the kind words.

Had I known you  guys enjoyed planetary images, I would have posted them sooner :)

Yes all these are with the ASI290mm. I used a PIerro Astro ADC to counter some of the effects of the low attitude.

I used the excellent AP barlow at 1.8x to 2x depending on seeing. The C14 was modified a bit with extensive insulation, internal flocking, mirror locks and an external focuser.

There was a lot of data gathered to get one good image. Seeing isn't as good as one would think but it's more of a numbers game. Its typically some 300k to 500k frames per night but there would be many nights that result in no useable data.