Re: semi-OT: deterring critters in the obsy

Dale Ghent

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'll like a lot of these ideas. I think, for stuff under and around the mount, I'll give the pepermint extract a go first as it'll likely raise the fewest eyebrows when I tell the other users that I'll be spraying regularly for bugs around the observatory.

On Sep 17, 2021, at 16:51, Joel Short <buckeyestargazer@gmail.com> wrote:

I do two things.
1. Twice per year (early Spring and early Fall) I spray an insecticide called Tempo SC Ultra on the outside walls and perimeter of my roll off roof obs. This stuff works great, for other areas of the house too.
2. I put a little bit of peppermint extract in a small spray bottle and once a month I spray the inside of the obs, especially around any cracks.

I haven't seen a spider in years in my obs; wasps are a completely different story. Nothing deters those buggers.

joel