Re: How Much RAPAS Misalignment is Too Much ?

Roland Christen

My mount is not very well polar aligned and I image for hours with no problems.

From: Robert Berta <biker123@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Sep 24, 2021 2:23 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] How Much RAPAS Misalignment is Too Much ?

I used PEM PRO to polar align my newer 1100 and older 900 mounts. I than insert the RAPAS and zero it to agree by placing Polaris on the correct location on the RAPAS dial (from the app) by adjusting the three tlt points on the RAPAS adaptor. Once I have done that it seems that should than be more than accurate enough for polar alignment to just trust the RAPAS.....or is it still better to do a PEM PRO polar alignment each time?  I do get excellent auto guiding so suspect that I may be getting a bit to anal about this whole process ;-)