Re: semi-OT: deterring critters in the obsy

Phillip Klein

Hi Joseph,

A couple of years ago a mountain lion killed a deer in front of our home in north San Diego County, Solana Beach. I heard a strange noise about 5:00 am. Someone or something was in distress but I had never heard that sound before so went back to bed. Next morning I saw the aftermath and understood it was the deer I heard. The end of our cul de sac borders a lagoon preserve which supports a small herd of deer and an occasional mountain lion. The animal control officer that picked up the deer said, "Yes, that was a big kitty cat."

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 11:30 AM Joseph Beyer <jcbeyer2001@...> wrote:
Really nice!  I live in a suburban neighborhood not far from open space on the San Francisco peninsula and we've got a variety of critters around including lots of deer.  The other night I was pulling the car into the garage and close by heard one of the neighborhood deer getting attacked by "something".  Looked in the rearview mirror and saw a young mountain lion run right in back of the car and off down the street.  When I'm out imaging at night the 8 foot fence around the yard is constantly vibrating due to animals jumping on and off in other yards.  So far worst I've had is families of raccoons and opossums come down the fence line in back of me.  I'm just waiting for the night when it's a bobcat or bigger.