Re: Having lots of issues with APCC, Point mapper and other ASCOM products...

Hi Tom

i'm up so i'll take a crack here ;)

1. What is the purpose of the AP V2 connect button in APCC? Why does APCC need to connect to the driver? Applications seem to work fine even if this is not connected.

You definitely want the AP ASCOM driver to connect through APCC, that's how the modeling is transparent to your connecting applications. I always start up APCC first and auto connect ASCOM driver to it.

2. Once I have my mapping done, do I need to use the APPM software to do an initial sync and recal before using Voyager?

No - it already did a sync and recal as part of the modeling. If you are doing plate solve/centering in Voyager i assume it will work like other imaging apps and use Sync for centering routines anyways

3. Must all recals be turned off in other software when you are using a model?

No - plate solve uses sync which is required when centering a target. See 1. above re: connect the ascom driver through APCC and the model is transparent to applications

4. Tonight I did a 100 point model. When the scope went into the west, clouds rolled in and I only got part of the points there.  Do I need to redo the whole model?  Or can just the missing points be done or added?

afaik you can't add to an existing model, you can only re-do it, so i think you need to re-do the model

I guess that covers the questions for now.

Thanks, Tom

--
Brian

Brian Valente