From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Blahovici
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2021 7:53 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Having lots of issues with APCC, Point mapper and other ASCOM products...

Hi,
I am not even sure I know where to start here but something is not right. First I need to point out that I have
had a perfectly working setup in the past with my AP600 and Voyager and PhD Guider. All this has changed
now that I have APCC Pro.

Tonight is an example. I startup APCC and connect to the mount with an IP Address. This works fine. I then
started the Point mapper and had to click on the Connect in APCC for the ASCOM driver. I then had to select
the virtual port in the settings for the ASCOM connection in the point mapper. This connects and works fine.

When the point mapping is complete I close the program and attempt to startup Voyager which in turn starts
PhD Guider. However, Voyager locks up trying to connect to the AP driver. Same with PhD Guider. At this
point I have to kill the processes and then reboot the computer. Note that both, are trying to use the virtual
port in the AP driver.

If I start from scratch and tell Voyager that I am using the AP Ascom driver the only thing that works is if I
select the IP address and NOT the virtual port. Same thing for PhD guider. So I now have three applications
going direct to the IP address. This is not right, correct?

So my questions besides the fact that the I cannot use the virtual ports with anything other than the point
mapper program are the following:
If all devices are going directly to the IP address then are they using the model I created? Or not?

What's the point of the virtual ports if everything connects directly to the IP address?

Does each application need to use their own virtual port?

Why is everything locking up?
Perhaps if all this is explained with how it actually functions I can make some sense out of this.

Thanks for your help.
BTW, All software is the latest, downloaded two days ago.

Tom