Re: Trouble with MaxDome II slaving to APPM

Christopher Erickson

This really isn't the right forum for MaxDome-II support. Diffraction Limited has their own support forum and there is the Observatory forum on Cloudy Nights.

Is this something that has worked reliably in the past and suddenly started to fail?

I would double-check your az encoder mechanical setup and your MaxDome-II ASCOM driver parameters. Extraneous light near the az encoder can fool an optosenser.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021, 1:04 PM <alanericksonf6@...> wrote:
Hi. I'm trying to run APPM with MaxDome II. The first image attempt at the zenith fails due to the dome being 180 degrees off. The scope is on the west side of the mount / counterweights on the east. The dome shutter azimuth is east, but it really should be west because that's where the scope is. Image attached. Any ideas?

Thanks.
-Alan