Re: APPM - error

Ron Kramer

thanks for the assists Ray - and thanks for the nina compatible updates. 
Now what does "verify" check box do?
and how often should I make a new model? 
I did a 300, 600 and 1000 second exposure after the APPM model was applied and I had round stars with no guiding even at 1000. 
And at a good HFR of 3.48  (average is often higher even when guiding).
My max before the model was about 60-90 seconds and I'd still see eggs.

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 12:24 PM Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:
Hi Ron,

> Results were well worth it.  BEFORE the point model I would get oblong stars if I went over 60-90 second
> exposures.  Last night I did 1000 second exposure and had round stars.  It blew me away.

That's excellent! I'm glad you got everything working! :-)

Best regards,

-Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Kramer
> Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 6:03 AM
> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM - error
>
> MAYBE that was the fix.  I had great results last night. The pop up error never appeared.  And one of the
> solutions I tried was to update ASTAP. I was using the latest but I went back and noticed there is a dev
> release that is newer and I had installed that.
>
> I made other changes to settings.  I went full frame, and bin2 and I sed a APPM setting from default to 0.
> Something or everything made it work... but could be it was using the dev release of ASTAP that fixed it.
>
> Results were well worth it.  BEFORE the point model I would get oblong stars if I went over 60-90 second
> exposures.  Last night I did 1000 second exposure and had round stars.  It blew me away.
>
>
>
>

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.