Re: semi-OT: deterring critters in the obsy

Joseph Beyer

"For the wasps you can use decoy nests. It does not kill them, but you can basically decide where they will go. "

Agree, this is the best case
scenario.  All serve a purpose by eliminating a lot of the nuisance bugs despite their reputation.  There are hornet and yellow jacket workers all over our garden and we all seem to coexist pretty well.  I've been stung way to many times in other situations that leads to swelling of the affected body part like week-old road kill.  When one becomes a bit too aggressive it's hard to suppress the flight instinct that only serves to give anyone within a several yard radius one hell of a great show.