Re: APPM - error

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

So are you using APPM to control the camera?  It sounds like that may be a difference.  I only use NINA to control the camera, could not get APPM to work well (camera is too large I think, or ZWO’s driver handles memory poorly, or both).  NINA being 64 bit works.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sergei via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 10:14 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM - error

Linwood, Dean, Brian - thank you for sharing. It could well be something in my settings. Just odd that failures on invocation from APPM seem to happen much faster than from SGP where it tends to run a lot longer before (much less frequently) failing to solve. The fact that SGP is also used from APPM as the camera capture interface, thus with the same settings, etc. confounds further.

Ray’s guess that plate solving failures involved ASTAP in an earlier reply made me think there’s some quirkiness to the APPM/ASTAP combo.

Thanks again,

Sergei