Re: APPM - error

Ray Gralak

WORKED on it all night - giving up. I couldn't get APPM to work with ASTAP. Oddly - another solver in
APPM setup is "SGP"? That's now a solver that's a program like NINA setup with a solver. Why can't I select
NINA (setup to solve with ASTAP?) As that works perfectly. I've never had it not solve until I tried solving
through APPM with the 106.00 update I bought. = (
NINA does not expose an interface for external applications like APPM to invoke its plate solver.

So have you looked at the failed images to see what they look like?

APPM just runs the ASTAP application via the command line. APPM allows you to set any and all of ASTAP's command line parameters, so you may need to adjust them for your FITS images, especially if the images are huge. ASTAP could be running out of memory. For support for ASTAP crashing you must contact the author, just like you would if PinPoint, SkyX, or PlateSolve2 in SGPro had crashed.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Kramer
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 6:42 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM - error

WORKED on it all night - giving up. I couldn't get APPM to work with ASTAP. Oddly - another solver in
APPM setup is "SGP"? That's now a solver that's a program like NINA setup with a solver. Why can't I select
NINA (setup to solve with ASTAP?) As that works perfectly. I've never had it not solve until I tried solving
through APPM with the 106.00 update I bought. = (

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 6:55 PM Ron Kramer via groups.io <ronkramer1957@...> wrote:

SEtup but still light out. I clicked this test button. I loaded a APPM pic from last night and it loaded
and solved under 3 seconds.

All I changed was bin from 1 to 2. I'll try live tonight and update with my results.

--

Ron Kramer
https://www.facebook.com/Ron.R.Kramer

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.