Re: Dovelm162 springs too short or assembled wrong?

Bill Long

I am having a hard time determining what the problem is exactly.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Woody Schlom <woody_is@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2021 11:12 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Dovelm162 springs too short or assembled wrong?

Marj,

I don't have this problem but I sure appreciate how AP is going about dealing with it.  You guys (and gals) are the best!

Woody

On September 16, 2021 9:21:35 AM "Marj Christen" <marj@...> wrote:

Tom,

The assembly procedure and components have not changed for many years. Your is the first concern that I am aware of regarding this issue. I suspect that many users orient the plate so the clamps are down and gravity has assisted the clamp to move away from the center channel. When the clamps are down, you don’t have to reach over the scope to tighten the knobs.

Nevertheless, we have ordered springs that are longer than what we have used. Once we have tested them to be sure that they have the correct compression, we will send some to you.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics