Re: Interactions Between Keypad and APCC Orthogonality Models? #APCC #Mach2GTO #Keypad

Konstantin von Poschinger

Hi Roland,

will the ortho setting also work with the new keypad software and a older not Mach2 Mount with a GTOCP4 box?

Grüsse

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 16.09.2021 um 00:27 schrieb Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>:

Does the Keypad Ortho Model get turned off in the CP5 when you explicitly turn off all Modeling in the Keypad menu? (Main_Menu | 8-Model Status | ModOff)
No, the Ortho is always on regardless of whether you use or turn off any of the other keypad models. Once you enter ortho data it stays there until you overwrite it by doing a new ortho routine.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 15, 2021 5:04 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Interactions Between Keypad and APCC Orthogonality Models? #Mach2GTO #APCC #Keypad

Roland and Ray,

Thanks so much for the very detailed answers, I have a much clearer picture of how it all works together now. Your answers address all of my confusion. I think I also understand the pitfall situations you can get into.

I do have one more question prompted by your comment below.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 11:29 AM, Roland Christen wrote:
The keypad model resides in the CP controller and is used to compensate for non-orthogonality at all times, whether an external model is used or not. Once created, it does not turn off.
   I now understand that the Keypad Ortho Model resides (more or less permanently) in the CP5 controller. Once created, it resides in the CP5 until such time as it is overwritten by doing a new Keypad Ortho Model. My new questions then, are as follows:

1. Does the Keypad Ortho Model get turned off in the CP5 when you explicitly turn off all Modeling in the Keypad menu? (Main_Menu | 8-Model Status | ModOff)

2. If the Ortho Model can effectively be turned off (as in question 1), is the same Keypad Ortho Model restored when you enable PntOn (even though I never intend to create a Keypad Pointing Model -- I only plan to use the Keypad Ortho Model). Or, once Keypad Modeling is turned off, I would need to create a new Keypad Ortho Model?

John

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.