Re: APPM Camera: SkyX Pro Camera Connect Error Message (plate solver link to The SkyX in APPM)

Bill Long

I was just coming to suggest the single run as admin thing. That is probably the issue.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 10:42 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM Camera: SkyX Pro Camera Connect Error Message (plate solver link to The SkyX in APPM)

>        Failed to connect to Camera: COIeException: Invalid class string (800401F3) SCODE: 800401f3.

That means the SkyX ActiveX camera control has not been registered by the system.

If you are not running the latest build (13150 or greater) of SkyX, you should update.

 If that doesn't help, you might try running SkyX Pro and APPM once "as administrator." This might allow SkyX to register its ActiveX camera control.

Also, make sure you are running a 32-bit version of SkyX.

If these fail to help you might want to post a support question to the Software Bisque forum, and they might be able to help you register their ActiveX camera control.

-Ray