Dovelm162 springs too short or assembled wrong?

Tom Blahovici

Hi
I received my dovelm162 saddle plate for my new ap1100 and it appears that the springs are too short.
If I put the saddle horizontally, the clamps hang down into the way of the telescope dovetail making it very difficult to move all 3 out of the way.
Now I can fix this by using two of the springs or there is a washer on the knob side that if I put on the spring side it fixes it. However then it doesn't close very much.
Something is not right here....
Is this made by losmandy? If so. again, defective parts from them....
Tom