From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Upton
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 7:56 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Interactions Between Keypad and APCC Orthogonality Models? #Mach2GTO #APCC
#Keypad

Hi all,

I am looking for some clarifications regarding the interactions / interoperability of the Ortho Model
performed by the Keypad versus the pointing model created by APCC? The questions I want to understand
are:

1. I assume the APCC model takes precedence when a Keypad Ortho Model has been built. Is that
correct?

2. Does the APCC model erase the results of the Keypad Ortho Model or simply override it?

3. If the APCC pointing corrections are turned off, does the most recent Keypad Ortho Model once again
take effect or does a new one need to be built?

For some observing and simple single object imaging sessions, I think I would like to just have the
orthogonality error corrected without creating / running a normal pointing model. It would simplify / speed up
plate solving on both sides of the meridian. Ideally, for a quick portable imaging session, I would prefer not to
have to rerun the Keypad Ortho Model at the beginning of each session when I don't want to run APPM. I will
be guiding for these sessions and since they involve only a single target, plate solving will suffice for the
evening's only target.

John