Interactions Between Keypad and APCC Orthogonality Models? #APCC #Mach2GTO #Keypad

John Upton

Hi all,

   I am looking for some clarifications regarding the interactions / interoperability of the Ortho Model performed by the Keypad versus the pointing model created by APCC? The questions I want to understand are:

  1. I assume the APCC model takes precedence when a Keypad Ortho Model has been built. Is that correct?

  2. Does the APCC model erase the results of the Keypad Ortho Model or simply override it?

  3. If the APCC pointing corrections are turned off, does the most recent Keypad Ortho Model once again take effect or does a new one need to be built?
   For some observing and simple single object imaging sessions, I think I would like to just have the orthogonality error corrected without creating / running a normal pointing model. It would simplify / speed up plate solving on both sides of the meridian. Ideally, for a quick portable imaging session, I would prefer not to have to rerun the Keypad Ortho Model at the beginning of each session when I don't want to run APPM. I will be guiding for these sessions and since they involve only a single target, plate solving will suffice for the evening's only target.

John