Re: Does your Mach2 setup look like this?

Bill Long

What is that scope and camera combo on the bottom?

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 4:01 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Does your Mach2 setup look like this?

Hi Roland

I don't have any ringing with my setup but I was wondering if having those cable bundles just hanging off the back of the cameras in your setup can cause guiding issues with non-AE mounts.

I use a similar cabling arrangement as yours with my non-AE 1100 mount (see photo), but I suspected that the long, free hanging cable loops might have created some guiding issues, so I started tying them off at the mount to make a shorter loop to minimize the weight pulling on the camera.

Mike