Re: Does your Mach2 setup look like this?

Roland Christen

I use off-axis guiding and lock my focuser, so there is no effect from cables dragging. Might be a problem if you use a separate guide scope?

From: M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Sep 13, 2021 6:01 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Does your Mach2 setup look like this?

Hi Roland

I don't have any ringing with my setup but I was wondering if having those cable bundles just hanging off the back of the cameras in your setup can cause guiding issues with non-AE mounts.

I use a similar cabling arrangement as yours with my non-AE 1100 mount (see photo), but I suspected that the long, free hanging cable loops might have created some guiding issues, so I started tying them off at the mount to make a shorter loop to minimize the weight pulling on the camera.

Mike