Re: Does your Mach2 setup look like this?

Roland Christen

Is that your 10" Mak Cass Astrograph?
Yes, 10 F6.3 Mak-Cass, QSI-WSG8, 130GTX, QuadTT, and ZWO 2600 Cmos. Along with several dovetail plates, etc.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Sep 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Does your Mach2 setup look like this?

That's awesome. I have not had any problems with my 12.5" iDK and PL16803 on the Mach 2. I did not try adding a GTX on top though. I would not have enough counterweights to safely do that though.

Is that your 10" Mak Cass Astrograph?

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 2:14 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: [ap-gto] Does your Mach2 setup look like this?

In order to see the effects of really overloading the mount, I put about 80 lb of equipment on it and moved the counterweights way down on an extended shaft, as you can see in the image. Yes indeed I got some ringing at the end of a long slew, especially when the scope was pointing up towards the zenith. With a little change in the parameters i got it to be perfectly stable, and it tracks like a champ. I don't recommend putting this much on the mount, and it would be better to have the counterweights higher up the shaft of course.

However, if you have anything resembling this setup, or are using a smaller diameter counterweight shaft with heavy counterweights, and have ringing at the end of a slew, then drop me a line at chris1011@... and I can help. Please include a quick snapshot of your setup, if possible, and the amount of weight the mount is carrying if you know that.

Rolando

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.