Re: Question: ROLAND’S GTO QUICK STAR DRIFT METHOD - 2020 VERSION

John Upton

Hi, Again.

   I see a typo in my first post. The mount is a Mach2, of course, rather than a Mack2 -- although it seems as a stable and robust as a Mack truck.

   I have a related question about Orthogonality error. When you use the Orthogonality (Ortho Model) correction method in the KeyPad to correct for orthogonality, does this "stick" in the CP5 control box or KeyPad? (I cannot find where I read it but think the correction value is actually stored in the CP5 box. Right or wrong?)

   So, if I perform the KeyPad Ortho Model correction procedure, I understand that creating an APCC model will override it. However, on a subsequent night after having moved the mount, does the KeyPad's orthogonality correction apply once again if a new model is not created (since the old model will not be valid)? Or, do I need to rerun the Ortho Model procedure on the KeyPad again?

   If the KeyPad correction is always present, then it should help with the E/W offsets I see when performing the polar alignment method in the first post. (Or, I could be completely off base.)

John