From: Thomas Giannaccini <tgiann3@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sat, Sep 11, 2021 3:33 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] #Keypad Motor Stall Error Message

It was by keypad. The power system/motorized dolly was designed, I believe, by JMI. The cable from the battery to the mount is under 2 feet long. There is a single connection in the middle of that path as shown below.

This is a picture of the mount and the cable:

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 2:23 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hard to tell what's going on since you don't say how you initialized the mount and slewed to these positions (keypad? Laptop with ASCOM driver? Planetarium program? APCC?). Incomplete info means we have to guess.

Best to contact either George or Howard at AP on Monday and have them help you step by step. They may find that you have some wrong setting somewhere (time wrong, location wrong, or some such thing).

Generally low battery voltage and overly long 12 volt power cord can result in the mount stopping or stalling but will not cause the mount to park in the wrong spot.