Re: Interesting way to image with a cheap mount

Benoit Schillings

totally agree Roland.

I obviously do not have any issue with image processing and other form
of deconvolution. I think that what I was pointing at is that a little
bit of degradation in the original data can be corrected by clever
software but that the tradeoff is heavy on the number of images
required.

- benoit

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 8:46 AM Roland Christen via groups.io
<chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Unfortunately we have many people misrepresenting their images on the internet,

I think we're getting far away from what I wrote originally. The issue is that you do your best to get a nice looking image using tricks like I mentioned and disclosing what you did to achieve the best results possible with limited equipment. And that's what the imager did, so no problem with that.
Where the problem comes is that someone else (not the author of the image) points to that image and proclaims that the equipment works just as good as so-called "premium" stuff, so all the people who buy premium stuff are wasting their money.