Re: 47 Tucanae with 155EDF refractor

Eric Weiner

Roland,

So this image was taken with the retrofitted Ohara glass 155 or prior to the retrofit with Schott glass?

It sounds like this is an OTA you still have in your personal inventory. It must sincerely be a pleasure to have found a profession which you enjoy so much, have developed significant skill in, and have built a very successful business out of which produces products sought after and coveted by so many.

Does this portend your consideration of a future 155 production run, or are you reminiscing? I’m not privy to what glass is available or not, or even what glass is good or bad. I’m a simple end user. A quick search shows Ohara Japan is still in business. I suppose quality telescope owners should understand these details if they are available.

Regards,
Eric