Re: Deep Sky Object Database for Non-Keypad Users

Roland Christen

You can use any planetarium program along with your keypad. I use SkyX to select objects I want to see, and use the keypad for centering, slewing and tracking functions, as well as parking, unparking, etc.

From: M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Sep 6, 2021 1:01 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Deep Sky Object Database for Non-Keypad Users

I have another "newbie" question related to APCC: I have been using the GOTO functionality of my keypad to slew to whatever object I want to look at. For those APCC users who do not have or use keypads what are you using ? I assume that you are using some sort of observatory control software (e.g. MaxIm DL or PinPoint) with some sort of object catalog, but there are many options.

Since I have the keypad I will continue to use it, but are there any particular advantages to going with observatory control software over the keypad ? If I did so it would most likely be via MaxIm DL since I already use that platform for guiding and imaging.

Mike