CP4 not creating a COM port...

Khushrow Machhi

I have had my CP4 box for about a year, and have been using it with my 1100GTO with AE.  Tonight for the first time I am not able to connect to my CP4, when I plug it into a USB port there is no indication of a connection being made and when I check device manager there is no COM port being generated.  I have tried multiple cables and also tried to make a connection with two other laptops.  No success and no com port being generated when I check in device manager.  Is there something else I can check or could the COM port have become defective?
Thanks,
Khushrow