Re: Rookie Question

Jeffc

On Sep 4, 2021, at 10:33 AM, M Hambrick <mhambrick563@gmail.com> wrote:

The three USB ports on the laptop are all being used for the mouse, main imaging camera, and guide camera.
I would consider getting something like a UPBV2 (or other powered USB hub) and put it on the OTA.

Then plug the imaging camera and guide camera into that hub. This will save one port on the laptop.

The focuser could also be plugged into the hub. Save another port there.

Fwiw this is the way I’m setup — there is one USB cable for everything “on the OTA”.
I have 4 ports for the “mount computer”:
- OTA devices: focuser , camera via UPBV2
- AP control box
- Astromi.ch environment / GPS box
- Polemaster camera

The UPBV2 is a bit overkill, but it’s nice for monitoring power, and I now use it for dew control also.

-jeff