Strange Artifacts -

Wayne Hixson

I was imaging NGC6888 (Crescent Nebula) and thought I'd discovered a new edge-on galaxy. I attach an extreme closeup. There are also fainter reflections both to the right and up. It appears in all the subs. I dithered the frames and when I blink them, it moves sort of with the stars but not always the same amount!! It's consistent enough though that it's obvious in the stacked image.

My imaging train is the AP130GTX, QuadTCC, Optolong L-eXtreme filter in a filter drawer, and the QHY268C camera.

I've seen these with other filters so probably not related to the L-eXtreme. Figured this forum was a good place to find the expertise to diagnose the problem

Wayne