Re: GTO vs AE/AEL data #Absolute_Encoders

Christopher M

Thank you Mr Whitney, Mr Christen.
That link on counterweights was enlightening.  When I had seen images of setups with many counter weights, I had assumed it was because the users didn't want to carry around single huge weights.  I will give that a try next time out.
As for power supply voltages, I was thinking along the lines that the higher voltages would result in higher torque and speed on the drive motors which might improve "response" bit, everything else being equal.  No matter.  This all helps me and I have put myself on the wait list for an AP1100.  :)
All the best and keep safe everyone.