From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of ap@...
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 12:49 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APCC move axis question

Ray said:

It looks like you disconnected APCC before the mount could reach the limit.
That is very possible. I was in a bit of a panic when I couldn't stop it, and it was 3 rooms away from me.

So thinking out loud -- if it was moving slower and I disconnected, it would time out (60s I think) and then the
mount would park? But since it was moving fast, it had plenty of time to collide.

And the limits are solely inside APCC, so the mount itself does not enforce them.

And there's no stop-slew because TSX's movement was adjusting the tracking rate, not a slew; i.e. it was
tracking not slewing as far as it was concerned.

In theory I could have, if I knew all this, reset the tracking rate in APCC I suspect. Didn't occur to me.

But more to the point, I think what you are saying is if I just sat there, and let APCC keep running, it would
have stopped the fast-tracking before it went counterweight up. It was actually closing APCC that allowed the
collision.

Do I have it right?

I'm not sure I want to actually try it again to confirm. I think I was lucky the clutches were relatively loose. I
don't know that it would damage the mount, but it might have messed up the relatively light brackets on the
Pegasus.

Anyway, if I have my understanding correct, thank you for persisting to get me there.

And if not... help one more time?

Linwood