Re: Mach2 Problem with RS232 Connections.

Stacey Mills

Hi Ray,  I've got the problem solved.  I went back out into the HOT observatory and the USB->serial connection to the CP5 worked!  I'm not sure what the issue was earlier.  I again tested my RocketPort card with a null modem between two card ports and a couple of terminal programs (TeraTerm) and it seemed to work fine.  However, I figured I'd pull out a separate USB->4 serial port adapter that I had and see if that would work, AND IT DID, on both CP5 RS232 ports.  So the problem lies with my RocketPort card and not the CP5.  I'm not sure why the terminal programs worked and the CP5 didn't but I won't pursue that at the moment.  Since the serial ports are backups to the ethernet anyway, I'm happy using that setup and I'll yank the RocketPort card for now.  So sorry to have caused an issue that was really on my end.  Thanks!

-Stacey