From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Seb@stro
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2021 6:59 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Pier crash while #APPM paused -

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Added link to logs]

Hi,

I started a dummy modeling APPM run indoor last night using the NASA Skyview camera and the Mach2.
Platesolving wasn’t especially great at those Nasa Skyview images and so slow that at some point, I just hit “Pause”
in APPM RUN tab and went to bed, not noticing the mount was still tracking (my bad, should have checked APCC
before leaving everything there)...

This morning, the scope was obviously upside-down and camera against one of my tripod’s leg. That was expected
since I have no limits set anywhere.

What I didn’t expect was that the motor didn’t stall. It was still pushing the OTA/camera against the leg and I was
hearing a low-pitched rattling sound (that kinda woke me up) like if the motor belt was slipping or something.

My questions are :

- Is this normal behavior in this kind of situation? Shouldn't the motor stall under a "tracking" pier crash ?
- Could this cause damage to the mount ?
- Is it normal that the platesolving (w/ASTAP) is very slow with NASA skyview images ? (I suppose it is as it seemed
to fail "near" solving for each image and always fell back to "all-sky" solving before going to the next, just to solve a
few in the end).
- Is it to be expected to get so little successfully solved images with Skyview Images or am I just doing something
wrong and dumb ?

Sébastien

Logs here: https://www.carpe-noctem.space/cms/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/ApccZip-Sebastien_Dore-2021-08-
22-133536.zip