From: Ray Gralak <iogroups@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Aug 20, 2021 3:31 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] #APCC - V1.9 Tracking Error

> I believe its not a flex problem as its very consistent.

It's good that it is consistent, but it is possible that it is unmodeled flexure. The pointing terms best model a solid object with consistent flexure characteristics. When you have a large mirror on one end of the scope the flexure can be uneven as a whole across the scope.

That's what the dec-arc tracking is supposed to handle but the path that the hour-angle point creation strategy takes can introduce random flexures that are not there when doing a declination arc.

-Ray