Re: Dec-Arc Tracking in APCC Pro v1.9 - an explainer please?

David Johnson

I usually set up and tear down every time I image, and I tend to do only one target in a night.  What is the most efficient way for me to do mapping and still get excellent results using dec arc tracking?  Let's say that my target has a declination of 53.15 degrees N.  Should I do a single arc of maybe 10 or 20 points at declination 53 or would it make more sense to do an arc at 50 and also one at 55?  I think a lot of people are in the same situation, and we could use some guidance.  Thanks.