Re: Heads-up on possible abrupt parking problem #Absolute_Encoders #Mach2GTO #APCC

Peter Gottstein

Same thing happened to me. My virtual ports were 21 and 22 and now there gone.  My primary port is now com 3 which also switched. Virtual ports as option 21-23 are no longer available as options. 

Peter Gottstein

On Aug 19, 2021, at 3:30 PM, George <george@...> wrote:

David,

It seems strange that you have COM3 as a virtual port.   How do you have them set up?

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Johnson
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 3:24 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Heads-up on possible abrupt parking problem #Mach2GTO #APCC

I'm still having intermittent problems with my Mach2 parking itself.  Today, I was running it inside, just as a test, and it parked itself after several hours of tracking fine, while the driver was connected to Stellarium.  The driver display was strange:

<image001.jpg>

I tried to Unpark, and here is the result.  As you can see, it acts likes it will unpark, but it doesn't and I don't get any kind of error message or other indication of what is wrong.  The only way I can fix the problem is closing and then restarting APCC.  As you can imagine, this is very frustrating when it happens during a night of automated astrophography.  I want to emphasize that this happens out of the blue when I am not doing anything with the mount or the software and after it seems to be tracking fine for some time.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.