Re: The last couple of weeks are the hardest...

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

Roland wrote:

  • As far as humidity, We got plenty of that here. I set up to do some imaging tonight because Clear Sky Clock said it was going to be clear. Humidity close to 100%, temperature close to 90F. Just one dark pesky cloud towards the east, no problem 'cause I'm imaging toward the west. Strangely the cloud is not moving eastward as it should. Oh well, time to go inside for a bowl of strawberries. Ok, back to the observatory - what's this, a drop landing on my head?? Oh My, a sudden cloudburst coming out of the east from Lake Michigan. My 10" Mak is pointing straight up! Rats!! Park the scope, close the roof, hurry hurry!! Just got the roof closed when the skies opened up in a biblical deluge. Had about 10 seconds to spare, and only a few drops on the corrector plate.

Well, at least you have a dome. I have to race to move things inside.

But I used to commute for about 20 years off and on to Chicago.   Regularly would fly 1200 miles NORTH and end up with it hotter there than where I left.  I think I actually liked the winters better (though didn’t have to spend much time outside).

But you do make up for it in great Steak places and food in general.

My clouds seem to have cleared, think I’m going to get my first runs with wind (not a lot, 2-3 gusts 6) and encoders.  Wind is main reason I got the AE version.  Any specific recommendations for that, still try for neutral balance, or is it better a bit heavy to one side in wind?

Linwood