Re: APCC v1.9 and one-year renewal subscriptions #APCC

Karen Christen

Hello Dominique and Astro-Nuts,

It seems many people are very confused about the $100 subscription.  You are NOT REQUIRED to pay the subscription fee every year!  Subscription renewal is OPTIONAL.

You will want to renew – and pay the $100 – only in one of these circumstances:

  • Your current license is more than one year old AND you want the features available in a new version.

OR

  • You choose to support further software development.  Again, this is optional.

If your license is more than one year old and you choose to renew now, you will receive all upgrades, features, and enhancement for the next 365 days.  But there is no requirement to renew again in a year.  You can wait until another version of APCC is released with features you want, which may be a few years away, depending on how you use your equipment and what features are valuable to you.

And to repeat – your current version of APCC will continue working forever, and you will always have access to bug fixes and minor updates for free.  We encourage you to update your software with these bug fixes/updates regularly to get the best performance.

More questions?  We’re happy to answer them!

Karen

AP