Re: APCC Setup help request for new AP1100

Ray Gralak

Hi Dave,

> In years past, I have worked with Mathematica, Matlab, written code, and designed and implemented electro-

> optical-mechanical experiments for 30 years.

This probably has to do with your LAN configuration, not the software.

> Didn't know how to proceed, so I guessed and

> pressed 'connect to mount' button.  The response was unsatisfactory.  I saw a window claiming "Invalid firmware

> version ("V" or later required-No response from mount".  Also, flashing pink UDP button...

You have an error connecting to the mount, probably because you are using the wrong IP address. It could also be the cable is bad, or a few other things.

How did you determine the mount's IP address?

Are the CP4 and your PC connected on a LAN with a router? Or is this a direct connection between the computer and the CP4? There are several different ways this can go, depending on the LAN configuration.

> Having read and forgotten this entire help manual two months ago, I moved on and found on page 68, describing

> ethernet connections and the directive to click the " Find GTOCP4/GTOCP5 (magnifying glass) button.  That

> button seems 'grayed out'; in any case it is non-responsive.

The button is greyed out when:

1) TCP or UDP are not selected as the connection type.

2) The mount is connected.

3) The Connect button has been pressed, and APCC is trying to connect to the mount.

It sounds like #3 may apply.

> When I follow the startup process in the printed CP-4 manual supplied with this new mount

Hint: did you also read through the relevant section(s) in the APCC help? In almost every group box in APCC, there is a tiny round button with a question mark, usually located in the upper right corner of that group box. If you click that button the help file will open to the relevant section. See this screenshot, which identifies that button for the Connection group box:

-Ray