Re: APPM Basic questions

Joe Zeglinski

Hi Linwood,

I keep wondering why you haven’t yet printed the actual HELP file. It is very well written and a pleasant read.  You can do that with most help files, as I have done. Prints as a PDF document.

I prefer reading printed documents rather than boob-tube screens, unless I am in a hurry and need to enter a search word for faster “specific”  references - much like referencing the Index volume of a set of Encyclopaedias  :-)

But then,  I’m “old school”.  Check into it.

Joe

Sent: Sunday, August 8, 2021 1:54 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM Basic questions

Linwood wrote:

• One last question (ok, probably never such a thing)… is there a document that explains more about the meaning of the various model properties.  Or maybe what I am asking is whether any of those values are actionable for a user – if my Tube Flexure quadrupled (for example) with the same gear, does that tell me to DO anything?   Or are these more essentially constants in a very complex curve fit designed to minimize pointing errors, and despite real world derivation may not individually mean anything?

So I started reading the APCC help file and found definitions of these values.  I really need a 30 minute delay on emails.  😊

READ THE HELP FILES NOT JUST THE MANUALS.  I’ll have that printed large somewhere near my monitor. 

Sigh… sorry for the interruptions.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.