Mach 2 Torture Data

Bill Long

Hello all,

Thought I would share some of the data that came from the torture test I put the Mach 2 through. For those not aware, I loaded up about ~68lbs of scope, camera, and accessories on the Mach 2 and ran it for 10 nights collecting narrowband data.

The results are impressive.

I placed 2 subs, one normal stack of HA data, and a drizzle integrated HA stack here:

Scope: AG Optical 12.5" iDK
Camera: FLI Proline 16803 w/ CFW 5-7 wheel
Focuser: MoonLite Nitecrawler WR35
Guider: Optec Sagitta OAG + SX Ultrastar Guide Camera
Filter: Chroma 3nm HA, 50mm square
Mount: The Amazing AP Mach 2 GTO
Software: APCC Pro, PHD2 Guiding, Starkeeper Voyager, AG Optical Thermal Control
Exposures: 46 x 1200s (20 mins) HA
Calibration Data: 50 Bias, 19 darks, 60 flats (SkyFlats w/ Voyager)

I am still working through the SII and OIII data. I need one more night of SII which I should be able to collect on Monday night (fingers crossed). Looking forward to seeing the end image.

Nice work by AP on what is proving to be an incredibly mighty and impressive mount. To say I love my Mach 2 would be putting it lightly. :)

-Bill