Re: Winter project - Cradle of Starbirth

Jeff B

Really nice Roland and one of my favorites too, in fact, the very first deep sky object I saw with my first telescope, a Sears 2" F11 achromat.

I've noticed that you and other skilled imagers manage to bring out a decided 3D effect on this nebula, almost like I'm peering down into it.

Thanks!

Jeff

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 12:51 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just got around to processing my winter project. Images were taken back in February on one bitter cold clear night at our northern Illinois observatory.
This much-photographed object is still one of my favorites of the winter sky. It brings back fond memories of my youth, first observing it with a small 30mm achromat lens when I lived in Canada.