Re: Current manuals electronically?

Roland Christen

Better balance is good. Generally I try to place the filter wheel vertical with the scope in the Park3 position. That would produce the best balance. That assumes that the camera rotation can be independent from the filter rotation angle.

From: M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Aug 5, 2021 11:17 am
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Current manuals electronically?

I rotated the guide camera 180 Degrees and the balance is much better.

I wouldn't say I am obsessing about the RA balance, but I am trying to avoid any situations where the RA axis is heavier on the west side. I recall reading that this can cause "chatter" in the RA gear. Maybe this is not such a problem with the A-P mounts.

Mike