Re: Possible CP5 Wi-Fi module failure #WiFi

Roland Christen

No problem. I ran into a similar issue at my recent Hawaii outing. My WiFi would not connect. I knew it wasn't the WiFi that was not working, i knew instead that my brain wasn't. After configuring my laptop properly everything worked.

From: Eric Weiner <weinere@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Aug 2, 2021 3:57 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Possible CP5 Wi-Fi module failure #WiFi

Roland,

After sending that first group.io call for help I spent several hours of testing and tweaking the CP5 and my home Wi-Fi network settings.  I found what seems to be a very stable solution.

No offense was meant by the “toast” comment. It was simply that it had been working fine for several months, then starting 2 nights ago I couldn’t connect to either my home network or the CP5 access point no matter what I tried. There have been no changes to my home network, so it sure did manifest like it was Wi-Fi module failure. It wasn’t, and everything works great now.

I shared my experience and settings with everyone since I’ve read on the boards about others who had similar, if not identical Wi-Fi connections issues with the Mach2 which A-P stated they were unable to recreate in the lab.

Cheers,
Eric

On Aug 2, 2021, at 10:36, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

From your description it does not sound like the WiFi is toast.
Call George or Howard at AP and they can assist you in connecting to your WiFi.