Re: 1100GTO, slight free play in RA axis only. Is a backstop adjustment needed?

skester@...

Roland,

Last night I adjusted the back stop using the lightest pressure I could, barely touching the backstop with one finger, and gently tightening the two screws.  After doing this, all the free play in the RA axis was gone.  I then did a few slow (12x) test slews and then a couple of 600x slews and all seemed fine.

After reading your reply today I loosened the RA backstop screws again and with only gravity holding the backstop down and no finger pressure at all tightened them.  The free play in RA is still gone.

Do I still need to contact George, or should the mount be good to go?

Thanks,
Scott