Re: APPM with ASI6200 and TSX Imagelink - bogus image data

Ray Gralak

Hi Linwood,

I think your analysis is bad. If I load the image into CCDStack the image obviously is not all one level.

-Ray

Here’s a screenshot:

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of ap@...
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 11:21 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM with ASI6200 and TSX Imagelink - bogus image data

@Ray said:

• I have no idea how you are taking your images but even a short duration image in daylight can max out the pixels.

Well, the lens cover was on.  But I'll do it at a wall in a fairly dark room at 0.01 seconds, so it will not be clipped.

• The next step is for you to use the APCC Log Zipper and zip all of the APPM logs and a few of the "bad" FITS images. Then provide a dropbox, google drive, or other link to download it.

Sure.  I did these steps:

• Started TSX, connected to ASCOM driver for ASI174MM Mini, took a 0.01s image (attached starting with TSX).
  • Closed TSX entirely
  • Opened APCC, APPM, verified I was connected to the same driver (I was, no change), set the exposure to 0.01s, took an image (attached named SolveNow-2021-08-02-140042.fit)
  • Below are the statistics from Pixinsight of what should be basically the same image:

I ran the log zipper, selected the files from just this run, then added the images to the zip file.  It is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lshJoo9CWKDThRwqgmabyaPFavAcxJsG/view?usp=sharing

Also, in case it is not in the files, I am using:

Windows Pro vs 21H1 build 19043.1110

Ascom Platform 6.5 SP1

APCC V1.8.8.17

ZWO ASCOM Driver 6.5.1.8 (just downloaded 2 days ago)

Intel NUC (genuine not knockoff) i5-8259U, 32gb memory, 500gb M.2 (half full or less)

Linwood

APPM:

Notice in particular the min/max/median are fractions.  They should not be if it’s downloading the raw data.

TSX:

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.