Re: APPM with ASI6200 and TSX Imagelink - bogus image data

>>> I run the 64bit SGP version, which plays nice with the large format ASI cameras through the ASI ASCOM driver.

I think this is a big part of it. I used my 6200mc with APPM via SGP version 4 64 bit and it worked great. SGP 32 bit didn't work at all. They are monster file sizes

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 7:39 AM Luca Marinelli <photo@...> wrote:
I don't have any of the large format sensor ASI cameras connected at the moment, but I remember having similar difficulties using the ASCOM driver directly from APPM. I also remember not having trouble using the ASI6200MM Pro camera through SGP but I also plate solve with SGP, which requires the camera to be connected to that application, so the issue may be related to multiple applications poking the ASI ASCOM driver. Also, I run the 64bit SGP version, which plays nice with the large format ASI cameras through the ASI ASCOM driver.

I did try to collect daytime images with the QHY ASCOM driver connected to a QHY 268M camera, as well as with the ASI ASCOM driver connected to the ASI290MM Mini guide camera. In both cases, the images display full bit depth grayscale and not a single value, similarly to what Ray reported with the FLI ASCOM driver. To avoid the double-polling of the driver, I selected ASCOM in the camera interface and SkyX for plate solving.

Luca

--
BrianĀ

Brian Valente