Re: APPM with ASI6200 and TSX Imagelink - bogus image data

Ray Gralak

Okay but I tested it with an FLI camera and its ASCOM driver. 🙁
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but all ASCOM drivers are supposed to work the same. Was the FLI ASCOM driver you used officially developed by FLI?

There is no special code in an ASCOM Client application like APPM that treats one ASCOM Camera driver differently from another. The same actions are applied by a client application, with the main difference being the width and height of the image array. So, if one ASCOM camera driver works but another doesn't, then it's likely something is wrong with the ASCOM driver that doesn't work.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Long
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 10:41 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM with ASI6200 and TSX Imagelink - bogus image data

Okay but I tested it with an FLI camera and its ASCOM driver. 🙁

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 10:26 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>

ASCOM Camera just throws the same errors he mentioned when used directly.
The SIM might work but a real camera doesn't seem to.
Yes, I believe that.

The point was that it's the ASI ASCOM Driver that's the issue, not APPM. APPM acts the same way for all ASCOM
cameras.

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Long
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 9:04 PM

ASCOM Camera just throws the same errors he mentioned when used directly. The SIM might work but a real
camera doesn't seem to.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Gralak <iogroups@siriusimaging.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 8:38 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>

I'm glad it's working!

It's too bad you couldn't get around to proving APPM's ASCOM interface also works with the ASCOM Camera
Simulator, as I know it does. Here's a screenshot as proof: :-)

-Ray

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of ap@CaptivePhotons.com
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 8:19 PM
As a minor update, I had a bit of time before my target was high enough after I got all the other setup done so...
I set up TSX, Image link and APPM so that APPM used TSX's Camera, which used my ASI6200 binned 2. It
might

do bin 1 but pointless.
It's running nicely, I was doing only 37 points and it's on 18 and has not missed a single one.
And it's using the same ASI ASCOM camera driver.
So I have a workable system, at least until I sell my MyT.
I still don't know what is wrong the other way, but this works fine, if a bit round-about..
22 successful and counting....
Linwood

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.