From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of ap@...
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 5:35 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM with ASI6200 and TSX Imagelink - bogus image data

@Ray Gralak wrote:

* Please close down SkyX *completely* so that it will not interfere. Despite what others have said, not all
ASCOM camera drivers work when there are two applications connected. (As far as I know, SkyX may not have
disconnected!)

* It would not hurt to restart APPM as well to make sure it has freed any possible previous instance of the
ASCOM Camera V2 Simulator.

* Then restart only using APPM. Again, do not start SkyX or any other application that might connect to the
ASCOM Camera V2 Simulator. The purpose of this test is to see if APPM returns only two values (e.g. 0 and
32767) like you mentioned in a previous post.

OK, I closed everything, opened APCC, connected, then APPM.

I went through the settings of the camera (they were all correct), and connected.

I hit plate solve. It opened TSX itself, then gave the same error. TSX wasn’t connected to anything though, it was
open for imagelink.

If you care to try it, attached is the test image, and these were the settings.

I do have a workaround by using TSX’s camera instead.

Note that APPM didn’t return two values in my case, it returned one value – just 32767 as the min and max both.
Very weird. But it is worth noting that things are not the same with the simulator – I was using subframes because I
had to, as well as binning. I can’t actually simulate that with the simulator as it is limited in geometry.

I’m really curious what Bill has happen with an actual camera.

Linwood