Re: New AP1100, indoor practice, lots of little questions

Bill Long

Looks like its performing nicely and is only limited by the seeing conditions you have there. A 540mm FL scope is small and light so I doubt the 1100 even knew it was on the mount at all.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of ap@... <ap@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 4:10 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] New AP1100, indoor practice, lots of little questions

I’m still not sure I understand the fine points here, but thought I would share this.  It was unexpectedly clear all night (hazy but image-able), so the new mount got its first light (if that can apply to mounts).

It started at 0.30” which was the worst all night,  by the morning it was guiding at 0.22” (at 540mm image/guide focal length (OAG)).

So the mount understands even if I don’t.  😊

Happy round stars.  Happy sleep deprived user.

AP, you folks build well!

Linwood

_,_